CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Custom Search

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Be Mine...



let the sun shine
let the rivers run away coz its a beautiful day now to play now..

Francis Magalona's song played in the car stereo this afternoon. My husband had been playing old songs by Francis (Sandwich's betamax alternates once in a while).

would you be, could you be, be mine..

"Girl Be Mine: I think it was probably 1998 or 1999, UP Diliman, hanging out with Jazzie and Allen on the second floor lobby of AS, busy with my bf back then, if I had one. I love the song but it didn't leave too much of a mark.", I said, which also opened a topic on ex-love life that went on for the next few minutes.

When my husband and I listen to old songs, we recall what we were doing with our own lives at that particular time that the song was a hit. We'd mostly talk about childhood, family, friends, highschool days which we shared since we were highschool batchmates; Or college days, ex crushes, or ex girlfriends and boyfriends, or ex-almost-boyfriends and ex-almost-girlfriends.
My husband and I talk about everything. One time we stayed up until 3 in the morning, just talking. We've been married almost six years now and we've probably heard and told every story there is to hear from and tell each other, but we still say the same stories again, over and over. And each time he tells me his stories of childhood, friendships, adventures, its always so special. It's like he's making me a part of those memories when I was not in his life yet.

I remember my good friend Allen who, when we were still in college, said "gusto ko ng asawa kase gusto ko ng kakwentuhan sa araw araw". We were 18 yrs old when she said that. But now I realize that she had accurately put into words what I have right now. Very simply, may kakwentuhan ako sa araw araw. I have another person who is a witness to me, who shares the story of my life..past, present, and future. That is what I have and so much more. With me is a person whom, after all these years, still looks at me as if I hadn't gained ten pounds since I've given birth. Who never complained that I never made the bed in the morning. Who always gave me the first, the middle, and the last bite. Who has always made me feel that I and Tara always come first above everything and everyone else.

"If I hadn't married you what do you think would I be doing?", our conversation led me to asking him. He was driving along Fairview, on our way home from a day at the mall. Tara slept on the backseat, with a pink catterpillar-shaped balloon on her arms.

"Eh di the same thing, you'd also be married by now, to a different person, you wouldn't know who", he said.

And I immediately thought to myself..but surely I wouldn't be this happy.

Francis M's song continued to play in the car..

let the wind blow
let the wind touch my face
I wanna take a little break now
shake now
this is what I have to say
I feel so fine
so fine that it blows my mind
tell the truth
when will you be mine

And this time the song made a mark: August 2008, rainy afternoon, passenger seat of his mitsubishi lancer, in love with Jose De Guzman Jr.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Wednesday! Bloghoppin' here... Hey, I have an interesting tutorial for you that I have written myself. It is about adding Adsense on your Single Post in XML template. I hope you'll like it! God Bless you!