CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Custom Search

Saturday, May 3, 2008

What is heaven like?

Karen's Daddy and brother dropped by our home today. Tito Rey mentioned that Karen's lapida will be ready this week. I had been very eager to visit her at the Loyola cemetery. Since the grass plus her tombstone will all be ready by this week, then I guess Sunday next week will be a good time to go to Loyola. That would be Mother's day, incidentally.

This afternoon, while Tito Rey and Kuya Allan were in our house, we were asking one another if anyone of us ever saw Karen in our dreams from the time she passed away. None of us did, except for my husband Joel.

Joel has seen Karen in his dreams, twice already. The first one happened about a couple of days after her burial. Joel dreamed that he was in a church full of children who were getting ready for a mass. There were so many kids, as if there was a "first communion". Karen came in the church accompanied by some more children. She had her hair tied in a neat pony tail and was wearing a bright yellow sleveless dress. Joel tried to call her but she could not hear him. He stood up to follow her but he could not find her anymore.

His second dream of Karen was very short. He was in our house, that looked different from our actual house. Karen arrived in the house, wearing a pink dress. She came up to him and said "Hi Joel!" then she kissed him on the cheek.

They say that loved ones who pass away sometimes appear in dreams as a way of communicating..or I don't know...maybe dropping by to say hello. I am not sure if i believe that or not. What I believe is that Karen is with the Lord. What she is doing in heaven, and how heaven actually is, I don't know and I will never know for sure, not yet at least.

Heaven. Do you think she still remembers everything from heaven? When a person passes away does she carry to heaven all the memories of her lifetime? When I see her again will she still remember all those talks, all the stories we shared? Is she going to remember our love for starbucks and her undying crush for Allan Gil? When I see her in heaven I will probably be old and wrinkled and she will still look 28 with beautiful skin and hair.

I'll will not yet know for now. I pray for the grace of a stronger faith, to find a peaceful state of mind, inspite of not knowing for sure what heaven is.

1 comments:

rachel said...

Hi cuz, I know we can all overcome this point in our lives. I will miss Karen and Tatay for sure. I always remember what you texted me when Tatay passed away a few days after Karen went to heaven....that they were batchmates. That helped comfort me and made me smile. It's overwhelming for me how the Lord works. We will see them again one day. Let their love for the Lord until the end be an inspiration for us. And as we walk with God, let our journey be an inspiration to others as well.