CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Custom Search

Friday, May 16, 2008

on the fourth funeral

I'm at a funeral again (Yes, they have WiFi). The fourth one I've been to in a month's time. How crazy is that?! The first was Karen's, then that of my cousin's dad in law, then of our tenant's son, now the funeral of my hubby's uncle.

My visits to funerals have been so frequent that I've developed an eye for good quality coffins! I can now also give you a rough estimate of how much it will cost to have a decent funeral. 70,000Php for coffin and funeral service; cemetery lot is around 50,000Php; service to dig up the grave is another 20,000Php; if you choose to have the body cremated it would be around 20,000Php with urn; If you want the ashes deposited in a church, a slot may range from 50,000 to 25,000 pesos.

What is my realization after these funerals? Many, of course. About life and death, faith and family. But let me tell you just one very practical thing I learned. It is an extremely difficult task to arrange for funeral service while in the state of shock and grief over a loved one's death.


So go get yourself and your loved ones a memorial plan. Or just get one for yourself but choose one that is transferable. I sound like an insurance agent. But really, getting one is a wise thing to do.

0 comments: